Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC data segment in Red Color

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an IDOC which is created in the SAP. My problem is even the data record is being shown in Red color. Any idea what does the indication of Red colored data record mean?

If it indicates any error or so, how can we figure out what is the reason for the error?

Regards,

Bharath.

4 REPLIES 4

mithun_shetty4
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the error in the Status records of the IDOC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Same happend with my development once .

That time when we investigated we found that while posting the idoc the data in that red segment was not in correct format. and Idoc went in error.

In this case we got the error log in application log and the error in Idoc was just Idoc not poasted.

Regards,

Ganesh.

Edited by: Ganesh Lathi on Dec 21, 2011 2:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my country, red means either you're a republican, or you need to stop, or something is very wrong..... As noted, for that we have status indicators.... Outside of politics, red does not mean something good happened.

0 Kudos

haha, well said BreakPoint.

Bharat,

when you goto WE02 and open the idoc, there is a status block on the left hand side. open that one and you can see the error. double click on it and you may have some more info on it.

i think you need to learn the IDOC basics, read the help topics and wikis