Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink in a User Exit for standard transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First off, I am a novice in ABAP. After some searching on the forums, I have found out that it is possible to have hyperlinks in an ABAP Programm.

Is it possible to change a standard transaction (through user exits) to add in this sort of functionality? For instance, a link in VA23 to jump to a remote portal? Is it possible? And if yes, could anyone give me an example of how this could be done? Links to documentation or tutorials would also help me.

Could such a functionality be added through a button in the same transaction instead of a simple hyperlink?

Thanks and regards

Sameer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

krishnendu_laha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

i had implemented this same requirement in standard transaction VA01.

we can provide 'click to open remote portal' functionality by hyperlink (label with quickinfo ) or by a screen button.

use fm WS_EXCEUTE to launch a remote portal. pass the full address of remote portal in PROGRAM parameter of this fm.

it will work fine.

Regards,

Krishnendu

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP.Web.UI.Controls namespace is a collection of classes that allow you to create controls in an iView. SAP NetWeaver web controls run on the server and include form controls such as buttons, input fields and tables. Because web server controls run on the server, you can programmatically control these elements. SAP NetWeaver controls are more abstract than HTML server controls or Microsoft web controls from the System.Web.UI.WebControls namespace. Their object model does not necessarily reflect HTML or Microsoft web control interfaces. SAP NetWeaver controls reflect the SAP WebDynpro UI elements. They also implement the behaviour of SAP Unified Rendering, which allows custom UI branding by selecting and modifying CSS style sheets. This namespace includes the ViewElement class, which is derived from System.Web.UI.Controls.Control and provides all SAP server controls with a common set of functionality. Therefore you can also mix SAP NetWeaver controls with Miocrosoft web controls within an iView.

for more details on this please go through the below link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/go/km/docs/library/dotnet/pdk%20for%20.net/developer's%20Guide%20PDK%202.0%20for%20.NET/Reference/SAP.Web.UI.Controls.html

<b>Give points if useful</b>