Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how we will skip a screen in bdc while data transfering

Former Member
0 Kudos

how we will skip a screen in bdc while data transfering in bdc. suppose i want 4 screens in a application but i want to enter data in second screen directly. how can i skip first screen. what is the code for that

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no mandatory field to be entered on those screens(Skipped fields) you can skip them. Don't call them in BDC.

Regards,

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos
<b>call transaction 'tcode' skip first screen</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN the record itself, don't give values for that screen.

Hence u will not code for calling that screen, I mean do not write code for that screen.

I think u got the point.

REgards

Nagaraju

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ramana,

Check if there is any button on the first screen itself that would lead the user to the 3rd screen.

If there is one, record the same using SHDB transaction.

If there is no such button, then you need to navigate to screen2 and then to screen3 without entering any data on the screen2. Record the same in SHDB and generate a program out of the recording.

Regards,

Ravi

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use -

Call Transaction with Skip first screen.

Just read help on Call transaction and you will get it.

Regards,

Amit

Reward all helpful replies.

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can use SKIP statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanq for giving reply

how? what is the scrren. if we have in application, how we can skip. we are not using recording. without that how we can skip

regards

ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

how we can skip just like that. i am not using any recording. in my application i have 4 screens but i want to enter data directly in second screen. how to write code for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

CALL TRANSACTION ta { [AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN]

| [USING bdc_tab [bdc_options]] }.

This addition suppresses the display of a screen of the initial dynpro of a called dialog transaction. The addition AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN suppresses the first screen under these prerequisites:

For the initial dynpro, in the Screen Painter the own dynpro number must not be specified as the next screen number.

All mandatory input fields of the initial dynpro must be filled completely and with the correct values by the SPA/GPA parameters

If these prerequisites are met, that screen of the dynpro is displayed that is specified in the Screen Painter as the next dynpro of the initial dynpro.

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the program itself , comment the line indicating the screen no you dont want to include in the program and also comment the fields under the screen no statement till the next screen statement appears.

Regards,

Sunmit.

0 Kudos

Hi.. summit

can you give a code with example

thanq

ramana