Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a function key on keyboard for executing a non SAP program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus.

My client want to run a non SAP program selecting the specific function key on keyboard during the entering data on SAP.

i knew that it is possible to execute a non sap program after adding special program each by SAP program. but, it is huge jobs.

client wants to run a non sap program wherever he is on SAP program. Is it possible ?

9 REPLIES 9

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Min,

Which program you want run.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

i want to run the .Net program which was programed by client by select the function key anytime on SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create a ".exe" file for the .NET application.

2. Create a PF-STATUS and assign the Function Code for the desired Function Key in the SAP program.

3. In the USER COMMAND code inside program, when the respective function code is triggered, write the below code with the path to the .NET exe file.

CALL METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute
  EXPORTING
    document = '.NET exe file path'
  EXCEPTIONS
    OTHERS   = 1.

0 Kudos

Hi. do you mean that your instruction should be done on all SAP programs. ? as you know, there are many program in SAP. what i want is to run a non sap program by click the function key everywhere in SAP.

0 Kudos

You ll have to try and find the standard PF-STATUS where F3 and F8 are all called,, and then ad it there

0 Kudos

You should check if there is either:

- a system-wide enhancement you can use

-try GUI XT

What kind of a program is it? Maybe it makes more sense in certain screens.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that is a practical requirement. You may try to restrict his requirement to some few transactions.

lijisusan_mathews
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey is it that You want to execute a non -SAP program from SAP on clicking a function key ???

In that case, you can set the PF-STATUS for this function key and in the coding for this function key execution , call teh code to execute the application right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This post has been somewhat of a revelation to me.