Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update Note element of a Criterion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using Objectives Settings and Appraisal, I have a Template that has a Criterion configured with an open Note element for a specific Column.

I would like to update this Note programatically (when the user clicks a particular configured pushbutton).

Are there any delivered modules that I can use to update a Note element for a specific Criterion?

Thanks,

Mary Ann Kolnik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Ann,

Did you try 'HRHAP_DOC_NOTES_WRITE' ?

Regards,

Suresh Datti

7 REPLIES 7

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Ann,

Did you try 'HRHAP_DOC_NOTES_WRITE' ?

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Yes, I have been trying HRHAP_DOC_NOTES_WRITE. I have my own Function Module calling it and it seems to work when testing in R/3, but I don't see the Note change reflected when I then go to PHAP_CHANGE for the particular appraisal document. Do I need to execute another program to see the changes there, like Document_Save? Or could there be a buffering issue?

I do see where it first reads the note cell and when notes_write is done, the t_body_cells_notes has my new string in it. I just can't see it in the document when I use PHAP_CHANGE.

Thanks,

Mary Ann

0 Kudos

Hi Mary Ann,

You have to use either 'HRHAP_DOC_COMMIT' or 'HRHAP_DOC_NOTES_COMMIT' after the original function to commit the changes to the database.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

That did it! It works now! Thank you so much for all your help!

Mary Ann Kolnik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The use of the mentioned note function modules is very creative However this can lead to inconsistencies in certain cases.

Via a value determination (BAdI definition HRHAP00_VAL_DET) you would be able to update this note as well. We will then in the background control when to call those note function modules.

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice

0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I just replied to my other note about this similar topic. I'm trying all kinds of ways to try and have the system update a note field/cell when clicking on a particular button. I'm really looking at one of our custom pushbuttons in Status Flow or via the ADD_NEW_ELEMENT BAdi. Problem is, the BAdi's I've looked at so far don't have imports that signify the user clicked on the particular pushbutton and the ADD_NEW_ELEMENT only allows me to add an empty element.

Hopefully your reply to my other SDN note will help me work on the HRHAP00_VAL_DET BAdi.

Thanks,

Mary Ann

0 Kudos

A value determination is not triggered via an own button but on each standard event, a status change, save or on enter (in R/3).

I have written a bit more detail in your second message.

Groetjes,

Maurice