Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transport infotypes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

hav created infotypes for which i have saved them in local object ...but i need to assign them diff package so that i can transport them to other client...if i am suppose to do it thru se03 ..them what am i suppose to choose from program id n object ther in se03....

or is ther any other way of transporting or assigning it to z package?

Regards

Gunjan

7 REPLIES 7

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Change the development class of the object, if a program, go to SE38, enter the program name, click Go To, Object Directory Entry, click the change/display icon, change the development class or package to one that is transportable.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunjan,

Follow the steps:

1. goto the infotype screen.

2. In the main menu goto-> Object Directory Entry

3. press F6(change)

4. Change the package from $TMP to whatever you want.

Hope it helps...

Lokesh

Pls. reward appropriate points

0 Kudos

in PM01 transaction ther is no such things ...object directory entries..as i know how to do it for program n reoports...but subject here is INFOTYPES!!

plz help!!

regards

Gunjan

0 Kudos

Hi Gunjan,

When you create an infotype in PM01, different Objects get created ie Program,Screen,Dictionary Object etc.. Since, you have saved them all as Local Objects, you can change their package and attach htem to a Transport Request in the Object Navigator. Go into SE80, select Local Objects from the first drop-down box. You must ensure that the user id that appears in the next field is the one that created the infotypes.Then a number of folders are displayed under the User id ie Dic Objects, Programs,Screens etc. Expand each one of them identify the ones you want to transport & double click on it. Once the Object is displayed, Use the menu option

Goto-->Object Directory entry Click on the Dispaly/Change toggle icon and change the package. You will be prompted to enter a Change Request.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunjan.

I have encountered your same problem but with abap programs, when I assign them to a local package $TMP I haven't found another way to change the package than copying the program and setting there the new package.

I've tried the steps above with abap programs but still when I try to change de package or development class, it's not enabled, and so i'm not able to change it, don't really know if this is because of the version I work on, but the thing is that the only way I have been able to change de package is by copying the object again, and setting the package I want so it can be transportable.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gilberto

0 Kudos

Hi Gunjan,

You can actually change the package of the infotype in PM01 itself. In PM01 enter the custom infotype & select one of the subobjects, say PS structure and go into edit mode. You can use the menu option goto--> Object Directory entry on the next screen and chnage the package. Repeat the same steps for the other subobjects ie Module Pool, Screen & User Interface and you should be goog to go.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunjan,

1. Thats a big problem which has been created.

2. Why its a big problem is because,

When we create a infogtype, it creates

a lot of objects behind it :

a) TABLES

b) STRUCTURES

c) Module Pools

and all these various objects are $tmp.

*It is for sure that we have to change

the object directory entry for all these objects

*First we should know, which all objects are there

*There is a better way of knowing

and changing each entry (one by one)

as mentioned below

( instead of going to all program,tables, module pool

and changing in a haphazard manner)

3. To KNOW which objects are there

and modify the package, do the following.

4. Open SE09 (Transport request)

Identify your REQUEST (s) --> TASK

Double click it.

A new window will come showing all objects.

Follow the menu path : Request/Task->Object List->Object Directory Entries

5. It will show all OBJECT ENTRIES.

6. Now place your cursor on the Grid (on any row)

7. Click the app toolbar button OBJECT DIRECTORY

8. The small window for object directory entry will popup.

9. In this window, click EDIT button

10. and change the package.

11. Im afraid, we have to do this step

one by one for each object entry shown

in the grid.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Amit M.

Message was edited by: Amit Mittal