Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress the protocol dialog screen in ALV grid ?

former_member296789
Discoverer
0 Kudos

To check the values in the ALV grid we make use of the method add_protocol_entry from the class interface CL_ALV_CHANGED_DATA_PROTOCOL. The coloring of the wrong cells in the ALV grid is a nice feature but the popup screen that appears on every entry that is incorrect is not so nice. Is there a possibility to suppress this dialog screen without stopping the coloring feature? Or is there an other way to get this coloring feature in the specific cells of the ALV grid. We have already tried the emphasize option in the field catalog but in this case the coloring of a cell disappears when the cursor is set on the colored field in the ALV grid.

I hope somebody can help us.

Thanks and greetings,

Ad Pegels

Suiker Unie

Netherlands

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use public method ACTIVATE_DISPLAY_PROTOCOL

to suppress protocol after your call to set_table_for_first_display..or refresh_table_display..

Sri

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use public method ACTIVATE_DISPLAY_PROTOCOL

to suppress protocol after your call to set_table_for_first_display..or refresh_table_display..

Sri

0 Kudos

As I understand by adding the PROTOCOL you are trying to validate some fields and display those with a different color.

Instead, if you can validate and can change the color manually I think the pop ups can be avoided. All you have to do is to add a nested internal table to the main internal table that has the display data. This nested table will be of type LVC_T_STYLE. You can add rows, one for each field that you want to display in a different color and also spcify the style in which you want to display.

Once you do that those fields should be displayed with different colors.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please allocate points if you find this useful.

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

This is indeed the solution. Many thanks.

Greetings,

Ad