Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stretch a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a custom z table and attached it to parameter transaction (SM30 etc) for maintenance.

Now when I enter the T Code, the table displays 8 columns and the rest are accessible thorugh a scroll bar at the bottm.

My requirement is to stretch the table across the screen so that some more fields are visible.

How do I stretch it across the whole screen so that more fieds are visible?

Thanks,

Ven

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go into screen painter for the transaction and do it there.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SE11 and give the table name and display

in menu Utilities-->Table Maintenance generator

Here , Double click on the screens generated ,

On the screen painter, increase the screen size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any changes made to SM30 screens will be lost when someone else makes changes to DB table and regerates the maintenance screens.

Also, I think GUI screen widths are limited (probably to 80 columns) and you won't be able to stretch your table control beyond that. I am not sure if that has changed in recent versions.

Your best option is to develop a custom maintenance screen with editable ALV control. Yes, this involves a lot of work. BCALV_TEST_GRID_EDITABLE can help you if you pursue this path.

0 Kudos

Yep Sudhi,

it is not allowing me to go beyond 83 columns. (Screen painter)

That is why I posted this. (I am on ECC5 SP19)

I will investigate and post back my finding here.

thanks,

Ven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to table maintanace generated program and open the screen and it's layout. increate the size of the table control in the layout. activate the layout and program. then u will get all the fileds without scrolling.