Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to store the failure Idoc in ztable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP IDOC’s.

I have a one Ztable which is storing failure error idoc number, status and error description.

But I am not getting how this table is updating and where the code is written to update this table..?

I tried in tcode WE57 which is storing FM for idoc, so used basic type (RSINFO) and message type (RSINFO) I got one FM but in this ztable is not updating and it’s not enhanced

I tried ztable where used list I am getting database table ztable not found in selected search area (I selected all search options also)

Please help me on this.

8 REPLIES 8

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When this information is already available in standard tables, why are you designing a Z-solution? What is the actual requirement you are trying to address?

Thanks,

Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a some other requirement purpose we created ztable..

I unable to find the how ztable is updating

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a one Ztable which is storing failure error idoc number, status and error description.

Dids you perform a where-used search from SE11?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Yes I tried SE11 where-used search also

0 Kudos

Perhaps try using the code inspector (or program rs_abap_source_scan) to search for the table name in custom Z packages.

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check where used list of that table .

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If none of the above methods work, then repost a erred IDoc again using WE19. While posting the IDoc, switch on the trace in ST05. Once the new error goes into the Ztable, stop the trace on ST05 and there, looking at that trace, you will know which program is updating the Ztable.

Thanks,

Juwin

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I' surprised by failure of where-used, who wrote a  INSERT INTO (TABLE) ?

If database change log is active in the system (check with RZ11 value of parameter rec/client, is it not OFF) activate with SE13 the "log data changes", some time later look in DBTABLOG for TCODE and PROGNAME values.

Regards,

Raymond