Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a new numbering(1,2,3) when display SO10 in smartforms with multiple pages

former_member505773
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm currently facing an issue whereby my SO10 text which having numbering outline is continuously increase page by page.

i'm creating the smartstyles and SE72 to display the numbering in SO10.

Attached with the current output.jpeg and expected output.jpeg.

Current output:

Page1

Term and Condition

1. Paragraph 1

2. Paragraph 2

Page2

Term and Condition

3. Paragraph 1

4. Paragraph 2

Expected output:

Page1

Term and Condition

1. Paragraph 1

2. Paragraph 2

Page2

Term and Condition

1. Paragraph 1

2. Paragraph 2

How do i reset the numbering back to initial 1 in every new page when calling SO10? Any setting can be done in SE72 or Smartstyles? I've uncheck the Number Chaining in both SE72 and Smartstyles, but anyhow,it didn't take any impact.

Thanks in advance for all the advise.

Regards,

Sham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member505773
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Found the solution from some thread and have tested out.

1)  Create Folder and Assign Smart Style in "Output Options" which has paragraph format.

Now Create Command and in "General Attributes" assign paragraph name to "Reset Paragraph              Numbering".

2)  Create Folder and Assign Smart Style in "Output Options" which has paragraph format.

Now Create Program Lines and call 'SSFCOMP_RESET_PARAGRAPH' function module and pass      paragraph name.

Regards,

Sham.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member505773
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Add on, whenever i'm using the numbering smartstyles, it will add the numbering continuously even the SO10 is being called is different page and different window. Can we initialize the value ?

former_member505773
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Found the solution from some thread and have tested out.

1)  Create Folder and Assign Smart Style in "Output Options" which has paragraph format.

Now Create Command and in "General Attributes" assign paragraph name to "Reset Paragraph              Numbering".

2)  Create Folder and Assign Smart Style in "Output Options" which has paragraph format.

Now Create Program Lines and call 'SSFCOMP_RESET_PARAGRAPH' function module and pass      paragraph name.

Regards,

Sham.

0 Kudos

I have 10 lines in SO10  and i wanna display only the 9th line in the text.
what is the process of doing that?

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In SO10, we use  a "new line" to represent the numbering.

For your case, perhaps you may try to play around in SO10 and make your 9th line as NOT NEW LINE pattern.

Regards,

Sham.

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In SO10, we use  a "new line" to represent the numbering.

For your case, perhaps you may try to play around in SO10 and make your 9th line as NOT NEW LINE pattern.

Regards,

Sham.

0 Kudos

thanks sham