Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search FUNCTION you need?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

SAP supported a lot of functions for developers to call ,but how to find the correct functions to fit my requirement is a problem for me.Normally,i use the transaction SE37 and search the functions in information system with short description.Could anyone give me some other methods to search? Thanks for help.

kind regards

Joey.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use the ' * ' character for it

example :

if ur searching for date functions,

then write * date * and then select f4, this would reduce the number of function modules and from that you can select the required function module based on the name.

Regards,

Prasant

*reward if useful

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use the ' * ' character for it

example :

if ur searching for date functions,

then write * date * and then select f4, this would reduce the number of function modules and from that you can select the required function module based on the name.

Regards,

Prasant

*reward if useful

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

The steps which you have mentioned are the right steps to search a FM.

Other ways would be to search it on SDN by entering the description say "To get difference between days" etc or GOOGLE it.

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Thank you, GOOGLE with the key words may be a good method.

here is the link to find function modules in Repository Information System or in Application Hierarchy: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d1/801ef5454211d189710000e8322d00/frameset.htm

If somebody have others methods or experience,please tell me.

regards

Joey.