Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a program within an existing transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a program u201CRPCMASUT_USTAX_CALCu201D in my transport that I need to detach/remove from. Last week after the Support Pack install and a Reset to SAP Original (note correction) using SPAU many programs all got bundle together into one transport, and now is making things very difficult for me. We have another ABAP developer waiting for program u201CRPCMASUT_USTAX_CALCu201D but it is locked or unavailable for him to get access to. I want to know if there is a way I can detach this program from my transport so the other developer can have access for modification. Thanks for you help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If your transport is not yet released, you can delete the program from the object list.

7 REPLIES 7

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If your transport is not yet released, you can delete the program from the object list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to delete this object, I got a message "Object is Locked". So, if I click on Yes, this object will be removed from my transport but would this object stay locked? Currently this program is under the author SAP.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you click 'Yes', the object will be removed from your transport and will be available for the other developer for modification. Essentially, the other person can take ownership of the object and it's current changes and make further modifications to it.

If I understood your issue correctly, that's what you wanted.

0 Kudos

Yes, once you remove the object from the transport list, it will be available for the other user to make modifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I will not recommend this. You recently have implemented support pack and processed the SPAU in your system. So first step should be to transport this request in the next system. It will make sure that the support pack correction is transported correctly.

And yes... after releasing this support pack request you can edit that object and can keep in the other request.

Edited by: Lokesh Tarey on Nov 29, 2011 7:59 AM

0 Kudos

So first step should be to transport this request in the next system. It will make sure that the support pack correction is transported correctly.

Not necessarily. If the development system has the support packs applied and the next system does not, you will get in trouble by importing into the unmodified system.

I would:

1) Remove the object from the current request.

2) Immediately lock it in a new request (Request 2).

3) Release request 2.

4) Modifications can now be made to the object.

This will allow you to manage the SPAU requests separately from the new modification.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.