Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to put message character more than 90 cahracters.

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to modify amessage and put more than 90 char in that standard message class which it is not allowing.

This message is triggered by standard Function module.

pls tell me is there any way to put a message(se91 message 001) which is more than 90 charr..???

Regards

sas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this way.

9 REPLIES 9

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this way.

0 Kudos

Hi goutham that message class is used by standard function module....so i cant change there...

Regards..

sas..

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No need to change the message class .

Use that message number and pass text elements.

0 Kudos

>

> Hi goutham that message class is used by standard function module....so i cant change there.....

Actually you what?

You can change the standard message classes as well. But I wouldnu2019t recommend you to do that because that specific message might be using in some other place as well.

Why not you use your own message class with specific message? Is there any security issue?

P.S. I'm sure Gautham would love to address himself as Gautham instead Goutham!

Cheers

0 Kudos

nothing is working any one please...so i reduced to 72 characters

Regards

sas

0 Kudos

Well, field T100-TEXT is 73 characters long, no way you can enter anything longer than that, sorry.

Use abbreviations or maintain a descriptive long text, as suggested above.

Cheers

Thomas

former_member222860
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the 'Long Text' option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

in the message class 00 (you can see it on the transaction se91) message number 368 you can add two strings.

Number 398 three strings and number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could try this

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/682d0802c411d395c600a0c94260a5/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/682d0802c411d395c600a0c94260a5/content.htm]

first, it is displayed the short message and when you push the help button, all the text from long text appears.

Edited by: Dicso Luiza Alexandra on Jun 3, 2009 1:23 PM