Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make restrictions in table maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is to view the Z table through a transaction. Here we should have an option to delete a record but not to modify any field(s) of the record.

How to restrict the maintenance view only for deletion?.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it is not easy to do such a thing. Look at events in SE54, may be that will help.

But logically, it doesn't make sense to allow deletion and insertion, but not modification. I can delete a record and insert a new record, exactly like the deleted one but for one field value that I actually wanted to modify. So even though you didn't allow modifying data, I was able to achieve the same result, isn't it?

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved by introducing your own logic in the User specific routines of Table maintenance function groups, before doing that make sure whether you want to give create/delete authorizations to the user,

Rgds,

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try making all the fields as Grayed-out for editing in the PBO module.

Hope this helps.

If so,kindly reward points by clicking the star on the left fo reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Initially, make al the fields of the Z table as Key Fields. Now, when U look at the Maintenance view all the fields shows as grayed out. So, there is no option to modify any field. U can just delete or insert a record.

Hope this solves ur problem.

Pl. award the points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you should update the program generated by Table Maintenance Generator.

You can update the dynpro: here you insert your module to control the attribute of input/output of your fields.

While you're in Table Maintenance Generator, go to Enviroment->Modification->Maintenance Screen

Max

Message was edited by: max bianchi

0 Kudos

One possible way of restricting the change access to table maintenance is by creating the Transaction Variant for the table using Transaction SHDO. Then create the transaction code for the transaction variant by using SE93 or attach to area menu by using the transaction SE43. Using transaction variants you can disable any required buttons on the menu.

Hope this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siju,

Did you tried restricting the access to table maintenance using transaction variants.

Imtiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its slightly messy but can be done.

1. Define a new trx code (Parameter trx)

2. In Default Values for Transaction, use trx SM30 & skip initial screen.

3. In the Default values for Screen Fields below, enter UPDATE = 'X' (Line 1)

VIEWNAME = Table Name (Should have Maintenance Dialog)

4. In the screen where you need this functionality, add additional flow loic at the first step to check if the OK_CODE = 'DELE', if not, display an error message & get out.

This is not the most elegant way of doing it, but might work. The other option is to have your own screen & control it from there...