Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock objects in a workbench request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating certain objects in the system in my own program. These objects are WD components, programs and FM's. The user can run this application and create his own objects. The question is, while creating an object, when the user is prompted to enter a package name and a transport request number, how do I make sure that the object that is getting created gets locked under the particular workbench request?

Regards

Rohan

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you enter objects manually in the object list of a task or request, these objects are not locked. There are two ways in which you can protect these objects from being changed by a third party.

In transcation (SE09), choose Request/task - Object list -Lock objects.

In the request editor, select the object you want to lock on the Objects tab page while in change mode and choose Lock object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai ,

rohan when u save it in a request they are automatically locked,

to jsut check them try to delete the object from request it will give u pop up saying it is locked in the request

M.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will have locking machenaism.Once u save the objects that will

be under u'r authorization...and check the table that requests

saved under table.

Naveen M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to to t-code se09

select the request,

go to Request / task menu - > Object list -> Lock object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

The problem I am facing occurs much before what you interpreted.

Suppose I am creating a data element, I give a name and click on "Create". I get a popup to enter the package name. I give a package name and press enter, I get another popup asking to give a workbench request. I give a request number. NOW when I press enter, there is certain processing which will lock the newly created data element under that request. So when I open SE09 now, the object is already locked within the request.

I need information on the logic that gets executed when I press enter on the second popup.

Regards

Rohan

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Suppose I am creating a data element, I give a name and click on "Create". I get a popup to enter the package name. I give a package name and press enter, I get another popup asking to give a workbench request. I give a request number. NOW when I press enter, there is certain processing which will lock the newly created data element under that request. So when I open SE09 now, the object is already locked within the request.

>

> I need information on the logic that gets executed when I press enter on the second popup.

Your question doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

When you save an object, it prompts you for a package. You give it a package. From the package attributes, the system knows that you must record against a workbench request. It gives you a popup, which contains the most recently used modifiable request, which matches the package setting re: transport layer. There maybe other request available.

When you've selected the request, and entry is made in the object list of the request, and that entry is locked.

So what more information do you need? The logic is exactly as you've described, isn't it?

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Yes, I am already aware of the flow logic. Can you tell me then, which function module handles the object locking in the backend when I press enter the second time?

Regards

Rohan

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that you don't want to find it yourself, using the debugger? You'll learn better that way. I don't know the function module offhand.

matt

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 minutes of searching. TRINT_LOCK_OBJECT_IN_REQUEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I already have spent a lot of time in debugging, as a result of which I came up with the FM - RS_CORR_INSERT.

The problem I was facing is, this function module is designed to work in R3 environment. I want to use it in WD ABAP environment. This FM gives call to a R3 screen which dumps in WD.

I wanted to know the processing logic in this FM so that I could recreate it in the WD environment.

I would finally end up using RS_CORR_INSERT but maybe with certain modifications.

Thanks & Regards

Rohan