Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know when an entry was added to a Z-table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a Z-table: ZMAT. This table has 3 fields: MATNR, KUNNR, RATE. The users are going to maintain the data in this table. If I want to know that when this data was added/modified in this table, Is there a way that I can find this information?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you can go to transaction SE16 and fill the table name and display values. Additionally you can add to the table and option to maintain a log of changes( SE11 -> Technical Settings -> Flag Log Data Changes ).

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you can go to transaction SE16 and fill the table name and display values. Additionally you can add to the table and option to maintain a log of changes( SE11 -> Technical Settings -> Flag Log Data Changes ).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dev,

Add one more field erdat .... and create a table maintainence screen and write a custom code in the PAI of the screen where you can assign the field with the SY-DATUM value which gets updated on saving the table....

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

other way is in the technical attributes of the table check the check box log changes and run RSVTPROT/RSTBPROT with the table name given on the selection screen ...then it displays all the changes made to the table ....

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi you can go to se16 and you can check the values....if you doesnt had authorisations then you can use the select statement for that ..like this..

report .

data: v_matnr like zmat-matnr,

v_kunnr like zmat-kunnr,

v_rate like zmat-rate .

parameters:p_matnr like zmat-matnr .

select

MATNR

KUNNR

RATE

from zmat

into ( v_matnr , v_kunnr , v_rate )

where matnr = p_matnr .

write:/ v_matnr,

v_kunnr,

v_rate .

regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i made a ztable .then i want to add the new 20 fields in that same table when i active the table then i got a error

'table is too long (>4030)'

what i can do for this plz help me

regards,

sarang

0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

Once you add the new fields to the existing table, you need to regenerate the TMG and then repair the Function Group from SE 37. Once you are done with this, your z-table will allow u to maintain entries as well as you can transport the table data from one client to other without loss of previous data.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lakshmi