Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know when a FM was deleted?

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I'm facing a situation where a FM was developed and transported (to Q and then to Prd).

It's working fine and today I see that the FM doesn't exists no more in the Prd and Q environment.

Is there a way to check when it was deleted, by whom and some further details regarding it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have the TR details then check the TR details using SE03 or SE01.

You will get the status in table TADIR also. Check the field DELFLAG

Shiva

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have the TR details then check the TR details using SE03 or SE01.

You will get the status in table TADIR also. Check the field DELFLAG

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suppose there'r the request for deletion, so try to check all request having that fm:

Transaction SE03->Search for Object in Request/tasks: after running this option insert FUNC as type object and the name of your function module

Max

0 Kudos

I can see that there's only 1 request for that (there are 3 FMs and some other objects and all of that is missing in production).

I checked that in Dev bcz I don't have access in production to SE*.

Should I verify that in production? If there was a request for deletion, it should appear in dev, shouldn't it?

And also, tried to search in TADIR but there's not result (just informing Obj Type = FUNC and it shows no result for this selection).

0 Kudos

Hi

I don't want to suppose somebody has delete it in test or prd enviroment only, so you should find the request in dev too.

Max

0 Kudos

That was my guess, so I tried to find in dev and, as I said, there's only 1 request in which these objects are assigned and it was developed and released to transport. Stayed in prd working accordingly until being deleted.

What would be the next check?

Tks Max!

0 Kudos

Hi,

It has to exist on DEV! Or else, who's got fired these last days?

Can you also search as previously said (SE03) but on the function group level (R3TR/FUGR) ?

Anyway, I guess the only thing to do to fix that issue is to reimport the object again....

Br,

m.

Edited by: Manu D'Haeyer on Sep 27, 2011 4:46 PM

0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is to understand how that fm was deleted, if you don't have the authorizations for development transactions, if no requeste for deleting is in DEV you can check in test or prodution system only.

Don't you have an user with authorizations for development transactions in quality system?

....just a little curiosity, it's silly...I know: but no old backup was uploaded.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming you have access to SE37 in QA and that the FM is missing there as well, go to SE37 in QA, enter the FM name and select version management. That should tell you the request that deleted it.

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob,

If it's missing on QA, how could he get access to the version management ?

Better doing this in DEV...

Kr,

m.

0 Kudos

In our system, the last version is kept in version managemen in QA and production, so I'm hoping the OP will be able to get some information here.

I should ahve pointed out that I didn't have a chance to test this for this particular case.

Rob

0 Kudos

Checking by the function group, it shows the same result as the function module.

It shows the original request (the same as the FM) and nothing else.

@Rob, I tried to retrieve info from version management, but there's nothing there ("No versions found"). If this is a configuration, we don't have it configured here.

Also, I'm performing the basic check in development SE37 and it shows only 1 request, which is the original one (development, release and transport).

@Max,

I was not informed about old backups. I'll request for checking that but I don't think it's done.

There's no related data in test and production environments. It seems like it was never transported into production or test.

Any other shot?

Tks for your efforts guys!

0 Kudos

Wow that's a good one...

Do you have access to the import queue on your QA system? (STMS)

If so can you check there if you can find another request?

The only idea I got is: after importing the deletion request to QA/PROD, the request was manually removed from DEV ?!

m.

0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is an abap object can be deleted programmatically, in this situation it can be hard to find out some traces.

But I think you need to do your investigation in quality or production but without authorization....it can try to check if there are still hit tables like E070, E071

Max

0 Kudos

Hey Max, I've checked the E070/1 and just found the request# and its corresponding task.

Nothing more. =/

@Manu, I do have full access in Qas. How should I do to find for any other request related to this question?

0 Kudos

Well, seeing your answers you won't get anything from QA import queue....

I'm afraid I have no more ideas... or the silliest one: There was a full PROD backup, followed by a refresh QA from PROD...

But this would be amazing...

Kr,

m.

0 Kudos

Well, I'm sorry to inform that I didn't have much time to keep the investigation so I went through the quickest way, which was re-transport the missing objects.

Thank you all.