Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know excel file of BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

There is a probability that i run a BDC program linking to an excel file at time of SAP implementation.

After four years i forget the filename and it location.How can i know now wghich was actual file i used?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you make a BDC to uplode you wont mention file name in your program. The fime name is givven to program during runtime. there is no way you can fine the file name throught ur BDC program.

If you wnat the structure the refere you program internal table and your program logic, this will help you make you new file format.

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have hardcoded the filename in the GUI_UPLOAD or any other data upload FM there is a possibility of getting your file back if it still exists in the given location.

Otherwise you have to see the internal table structure and program logic to rebuild the template file.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

This is a flaw.Mean if u use p_file as parameter of filename and do not hardcode , u are always in trouble because BDCs are rarely used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sdes