Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to kill a background running session in dialog programming (SE80).

0 Kudos

I am new to ABAP. I created a dialog program with 3 transactions (say a,b,c).  After going into transaction 'a', I am calling other two (b ,c) transactions(using call transaction functionality). But, whenever I call a new transaction, earlier transactions is running in the background and after a few attempts maximum session limit is exceeding and the programming is terminations.

Please let me know how to kill the background sessions dynamically after entering a new transaction.

Also, I am having a push button for leaving the program of type 'E'. Due to these numerous sessions, the EXIT functionality is taking me to the earlier session, but not directly to the program. Kindly help me here also.

4 REPLIES 4

Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhiram,

Kindly share your code for call transaction.

0 Kudos

HI you can run transaction sm5refill terminate the process.

other way on transaction sm04 doble click on the user and then session regardssession regards

0 Kudos

TRansaction sm50

0 Kudos

Hello Abhiram,

Use FM TH_DELETE_MODE to delete the sessions.

The importing parameter MODE  starts from 0(zero is for first session instance and 1 is for second and so on).

thanks