Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install printer drivers....

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Can any body tell me about how to install printer drivers. In my case standard drivers(sapwin,swin ..etc) are not supporting. printer drivers are available in Manufacturer site . Can any body please suggest how to install the drivers.

Please give me the steps ,

Message was edited by:

venkateshwarlu veeramalla

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

______________________________________________________________________________________

You will need to create separate device types for each printer family installed at your installation or if each printer family require either simplex or duplex printing.

1. Go to ‘Spool Administration screen’ by using transaction code SPAD from the initial screen of SAP.

2. From the SPAD screen choose menu path Utilities-->for device types --> IMPORT (or you can run RSTXSCRP program from SE38, too).

3. In the initial screen of “SAPscript Export to Dataset/SAPscript Import from Dataset” enter the following:

a) Check Radio button for device type.

b) In the Object Name field enter object name of the device type file (please see the table at the end of this document for object names)

c) MODE must be IMPORT

In the Ctrl parameters for file operation

d) Check radio button for "From/on frontend" ( Generally this would be the default)

That's it. Don't enter anything else. Execute by clicking execute button or function key F8.

4. In the “Create Object Directory Entry” window that pops up, enter your development class and press enter

5. You will get a pop up Window “Import from a Local File”. Browse through the Window to enter the filename in your local directory and click ‘Transfer’ button.

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

b) In the Object Name field enter object name of the device type file (please see the table at the end of this document for object names)

where i will find the object name ???

thanks in advance.

regards

Jiggi,

0 Kudos

Hi Jiggi,

The "object name" essentially refers to the name of the device type you are trying to IMPORT. This will vary from each printer model and manufacturer. For instance, the object name for XEROX's Unicode UTF-8 PCL Device Types is "ZPCXUTF8.pri". For further information, please refer to OSS Notes 6427 and 433609.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Nikhil Shahdadpuri

0 Kudos

There is no radio button for "From/on frontend", but it still works