Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase results of search help?

joo_mariano2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My z search help of the z table (with display values immediately) display only the first 500 input(More than 500 input options).

How to make the search help display automatically all values of my table?

Thank's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In SAP, choose menu - Help - Settings, here F4 help tab, here increase Max number of hits

This is used as a defaault for all search helps, and you have to set it for all users (/user).

Regards

Tamá

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In SAP, choose menu - Help - Settings, here F4 help tab, here increase Max number of hits

This is used as a defaault for all search helps, and you have to set it for all users (/user).

Regards

Tamá

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following is the documentation i found in choose menu - Help - Settings, here F4 help tab, here increase Max number of hits

+
Entering a 0 in this field causes all the possible entries to be displayed every time. Since determining all the possible entries could be very time-consuming, and can have effects on the performance of the whole system (even for other users) you should not normally use this option.
+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Dialog behavior: It describes the order of the dialog windows to be displayed during the input help and what they should look like.

Data collection method: It defines where the values offered to the user for selection come from.

Return values: When a value is selected from the list of possible entries, it is stored in the search field. This often results in the contents of further screen fields, such as explanatory text, being updated. You therefore should define which values can be returned to the screen.

In addition to describing an input help, you must define the fields for which it should be used. This is part of the field definition (of the search fields).

reward if usefull