Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement the note if the object is locked bu another?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Recently, I am doing note implementations for out system. And there two notes: 1235949 & 1312130.

The note 1312130 is the solution of side affect for note 1235949.

It seems that I should implement the note 1235949 and then do some manual modification. But I did not.

I directly modify the objects under the manual constructions.

So, When I tried to implement the note 1312130, the note 1235949 was required to be implemented together.

And I was told that the object is locked in another request.

So, what can I do now? If I have to roll back the modifications manually, how to deal with the request?

Larry

6 REPLIES 6

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a problem with transports. Probably one has a different owner to the other. Try merging the two transports together

You seem not to have followed the note instructions, by the way. This is not a good idea. If it says implement then do manual amendments, don't do it in the wrong order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer.

But I am a totally new one for BC (Asked to move from MM to BC).

So, could you please let me know how to attach the note to an existing request?

Larry

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you the owner of the request? Go to SE10. If not, then you need to ask the owner to add a repair task for you. This is something you should sort out in your team, as much depends on local practice.

0 Kudos

Both the notes need manual steps and the error you are getting is because may be the 1312130 note also asks to change the objects which are already changed under 1235949 note.

Either you can release the task/TR for first note and then implement the 2nd note or as suggested above merge the request ( see txn SE03).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all of you.

jeanluclesach
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

when it is difficult to find the open change request locking an object, you can use transaction SE01 and then menu : Goto -> Objects in Requests

BR