Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle screen changes in bdc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where i need to create contract using transaction ME31k using BDC. The problem is that the screen sequences and infact the screen appearance is dependent on the Agreement type that is specified in the initial screen.

How can i handle this? Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Can you try this BAPI to create Contracts instead of BDC.

<b>BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATEFROMDATA</b>

regards

vijay

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way is to create individual recordings for each agreement type and then combine them into one program.

If there are too many variations, better use a BAPI/inbound idoc FM. Try IDOC_INPUT_BLAORD.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Can you try this BAPI to create Contracts instead of BDC.

<b>BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATEFROMDATA</b>

regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt whether the same bapi could be used to create contract using ME31K. Could anyone confirm it to me as i am seeing the sales data inside BAPI?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the recordings for different agreement types and incorporate into the single program.You can better do it by defining a subroutine for each routine type to handle the BDC transactions.Incorporate all recordings and your logic in this form routine.

Form handle_AT (agreemnt type) ... endform.

form handle_AC ....endform.

In the program you can have a check for agreement type and call the subroutine accordingly.

For example :

Case agreement type.

when 'AT'.

perform handle_at.

When ' AC'.

Perform handle_ac.

endcase.

I hope this help you to get hold of you requirement.

Thank you.

Regards,

Karun M

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

lakshmi duplicate post.

close this thread.

reward for helpful answers.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I would definitely close the thread once it is solved.

The BAPI bapi_contract_createfromdata is not useful for my requirement as this is for customer contract(bapi having sales data not the required purchasing data).

I tried to search for the right bapi but couldnot find it. The contract creation should be using ME31K. Please let me know if you find the right bapi for this requirement.

Regards,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The BAPI bapi_contract_createfromdata is not useful for my requirement as this is for customer contract(bapi having sales data not the required purchasing data).

I tried to search for the right bapi but couldnot find it. The contract creation should be using ME31K. Please let me know if you find the right bapi for this requirement.

Regards,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Regards,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Regards,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Regards,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Regards,

Lakshmi