Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the inbound idoc for the newly created inbound Idoc FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new function module to process the Inbound idoc. I need to have a idoc to check my function module, whether it is working fine or not. How I can get the data. Do I need to have the idoc from the partner ? Please help me ASAP.

Thanks,

sreenivas.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use tranaction WE19 to test IDOCs using IDOC type or IDOC number. Data may be manually entered in the test tool.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

In my function module, do I need to change the status of the idoc ? Otherwise, it will be changed on it's own if it processes correctly ?

Thanks,

sreenivas.

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas ,

In your function module after processing ( like - INSERT , UPDATE ) according

to the SY-SUBRC value you should set the status of the Idoc.

Regards

Pinaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can generate the idoc on your own. Please use f. module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE.

Once you have one idoc created, you can edit it in WE19 t-code and send and receive it many times. In WE19 you can even debug the inbound f. module.

0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

Do I need to use this function module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE in my custom function module to process the inbound idoc every time ?

Thanks,

sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Go to WE19 and get any of the your present idoc with the idoc type

then go to BD20...execute the same idoc...and there you can create the IDoc, and process the same with the Inbound function module tab..( give the FM you are using as the process code.)

from there you can do the debugging aswell of that FM

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

-