Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find which custom program uses authorization checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been asked to find out which custom ABAP program in our organization is using Authorizations checks and which is not.

Since there are thousands of custom programs I will need to automatize this process somehow. But I am not an ABAP expert and I will need some help.

Could any of you give me an idea of what would be the best strategy to find out if authorization objects/checks exist in a number of ABAP programs? (would a simple text search do?).

Many thanks,

Aldo

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are looking out for Authorization related to Execution of any program, then look for entries in table TRDIR where field SECU (Authorization Group) is not blank.

Below SAP documentation may help you:

Authorization Group

Authorization group to which the program is assigned.

The assignment of a program to an authorization group plays a role when the system checks whether the user is authorized to:

Execute a program

--> Authorization object S_PROGRAM

Edit a program (-Include) in the ABAP Workbench

--> Authorization object S_DEVELOP

Programs that are not assigned to an authorization group are not protected against display and execution.

Security-related programs should, therefore, always be assigned to an authorization group.

Report RSCSAUTH can also be used to assign programs to authorization groups. This report is documented in detail.