Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the Response time for a particular Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Am implementing a BAdI to achieve some customer enhancement for XD01 Transaction . I need to confirm to customer that after the implementation and before implementation what is the response time of the system

Response time BEFORE BAdI Implementation

Response time AFTER BAdI Implementation

Where can i get this.

Help me in this regard

Best Regards

SRiNi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to SE30 , give the transaction XD01 without BADI and press execute , create the customer ,after completion press back button till you come again to SE30 and click the analyze button and you can see the over all runtime , note it down and re do the same with BADI implementation and compare the runtimes.

Regards,

syesms

13 REPLIES 13

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Please have a look on this thread it is helpful to resolve the query you were facing.Hoping it resolves quickly.

Link:[Thread|;

Have a best day ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Transaction ST05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can get response time of last transaction > in ur sap server>at right lower you will c a symbol of page>on click of it>select response time.

Now to get exact response time for your modification put breakpoints at proper points(start n end) and get response time here

for both scenarios to compare.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to SE30 , give the transaction XD01 without BADI and press execute , create the customer ,after completion press back button till you come again to SE30 and click the analyze button and you can see the over all runtime , note it down and re do the same with BADI implementation and compare the runtimes.

Regards,

syesms

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE30 wont give you a perfect analysis,. for abap run time analysis you can use SE30. but for database timing

the best method is turn on the trace in ST05. run the code. then deactivate the trace. see trace results.

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just for number the statistical records monitor (tcode STAD) is the best tool. I gives you better numbers than the traces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa L ,

Use the transaction ST03N in expert mode to get all information regarding the performance (for: user, transaction, program, etc) of all instances of SAP.

Hope this information is help to you.

Regards,

José

0 Kudos

Hi,

How to use ST05 for doing a run time analysis for BADI. If we select the program option, should I give the implementing class name or BADI name?

Kindly post your replies on the same.

Regards,

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi,

this is prety simple.. use se30.

1. de activate ur BAdI implementation

2. se30-- give t-code where u have written BAdI

3. execute Transaction

4. note the time taken- especially ABAP time

5. activate ur implementation

6. follow step 2 3 n 4

by comparing two observations u can come to a conclusion always time taken in step 4 is less than step 6.

Best regards

SRiNi

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa,

the BADI I am talking about cannot be executed directly. it should be executed from a portal link which is used for search help functionality. So, even if I use SE30, I will not be able to execute the transaction.

Hi Siegfried Boes,

Could you please tell me in detail how should I execute STAD transaction. I have explored it. It is also asking for a program name.

But its a BADI which cant be executed directly.

I will appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Mani

0 Kudos

Hello,

Within STAD, enter the time range that the user was executing the transaction within as well as the user name. The time field indicates the time when the transaction would have ended. STAD adds some extra time on using your time interval. Depending on how long the transaction ran, you can set the length you want it to display. This means that if it is set to 10, STAD will display statistical records from transactions that ended within that 10 minute period.

The selection screen also gives you a few options for display mode.

- Show all statistic records, sorted by star

This shows you all of the transaction steps, but they are not grouped in any way.

-Show all records, grouped by business transaction

This shows the transaction steps grouped by transaction ID (shown in the record as Trans. ID). The times are not cumulative. They are the times for each individual step.

-Show Business Transaction Tots

This shows the transaction steps grouped by transaction ID. However, instead of just listing them you can drill from the top level down. The top level will show you the overall response time, and as you drill down, you can get to the overall response time.

Note that you also need to add the user into the selection criteria. Everything else you can leave alone in this case.

Once you have the records displayed, you can double click them to get a detailed record. This will show you the following:

- Breakdown of response time (wait for work process, processing time, load time, generating time, roll time, DB time, enqueue time). This makes STAD a great place to start for performance analysis as you will then know whether you will need to look at SQL, processing, or any other component of response time first.

- Stats on the data selected within the execution

- Memory utilization of the transaction

- RFCs executed (including the calling time and remote execution time - very useful with performance analysis of interfaces)

- Much more.

As this chain of comments has previously indicated, you are best off using STAD if you want an accurate indication of response time. The ST12 (combines SE30 ABAP trace and ST05 SQL trace) trace times are less accurate that the values you get from ST12. I am not discounting the value of ST12 by any means. This is a very powerful tool to help you tune your transactions.

I hope this information is helpful!

Kind regards,

Geoff Irwin

Senior Support Consultant

SAP Active Global Support

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once again, the STAD is the solution, not the ST05, not the SE30 and also not the ST03N.

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the STAD does not ask for anything, it offers filters.

Use user, or display everything an look for time stamp.