Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find a path in Application server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a reqirement that i need to download the original document which is attached in the DIR links for each line item in the PO.

Say for Eg. user is uploading the original document in CV03n.

Through program i have to download it and save it in local desktop.

But as per my concern when user uploads that document in CV03N, it should get updated in application server.

I wants to know how can i find that path through the document got updated in AL11.

Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Also please let me know if my question is not clear.

Regards,

Prabu

7 REPLIES 7

former_member242255
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to find in the program where there are placing the file in AL11..then you can see the path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the table PATH, also the transaction FILE.

Regards,

Santhosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actualy when we are uploading a file to application server,at the time of coding itself we will give a particuclar path in OPEN DATA SET statement.After uploading we can go to AL11 and check it wether it has been uploaded or not.

Generally we will set the path like e.g AL11/zdata/plantname(US04)/countryname(CA01)/filename.txt

If this didnt clear you can ypu please explain me a bit clearly..

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is that user is uploading the document in the tcode CV03n and not in the application server directly.

but when i do this, where it will get stored in application server.

First of all, whether will it get uploaded in Application server or not?

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

It depends on how DMS is implemented in your place.

If DMS is implemented along with CONTENT SERVER, then the actual document uploaded is stored in CONTENT SERVER and only a link is saved in SAP DB and whenever you refer to this link the image is being retrieved and displayed.

If you dont have content server then the uploaded documents are stored in your application server only. Generally the big companies which implement DMS do have a content server otherwise DB size will grow enormously in no time.

Once you check out the basics of ur requirement, then search through FM's available related to DMS.

Hope this answer helps.

Regards,

Lakshmi Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

0 Kudos

no iam not geting proper resolution................