Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download a CSV file in AL11 to XL into diferent tabs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a file in AL11 of type CSV.

When I download this file into XLS from AL11 all the data is downloaded under one tab itself.

But I want the data in separate columns wherever there is a comma in the line.

How can I do this ?

Regards,

Deepu.K

null

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

This is an excel task. You have to download the file with an extension of CSV or TXT.

Open the excel. Choose menu Open - File.

After you are opening the file, an import wizard has to appear. Set the radio button to separated by characters (tab or ; etc...), then click next till end.

Enjoy the excel table.

Regards

Tamá

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read from the file on the application server using the OPEN DATASET and READ DATASET statements. Split the read string at ',' into variables. Assign this to an internal table of the type to be downloaded and use the function module GUI_DOWNLOAD to download this internal table into an excel file.

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hello manoj,

Thanks for ur reply.

But I forgot to mention that I want this functionality when I directly download from AL11..not thru the Program.

i.e my job is to place the files in the AL11.

The end users will check the file name across the appropriate folder and then use the Download option in the AL11 Transaction to download it.

Now when they see the file in AL11 it is with comma separated.

When they download it ..it's still comma separated and in only one tab.

I want to avoid this ..

Is it possible ?

Regards,

Deepu.K

0 Kudos

I think it is not possible thru AL11. You will have to write a program for that.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use transaction cg3y

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>CG3Y</b> might help U...just check it...The other alternative is to write a program and in selection screen specify the path and using OLE concepts u can download the data into multiple excel sheets based on conditions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepu,

since your al11 file is of csv type,download the .xls file with extension .csv.

i.e specify the excal path with .csv as extension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

This is an excel task. You have to download the file with an extension of CSV or TXT.

Open the excel. Choose menu Open - File.

After you are opening the file, an import wizard has to appear. Set the radio button to separated by characters (tab or ; etc...), then click next till end.

Enjoy the excel table.

Regards

Tamá

0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Points are awarded to all.

Regards,

Deepu.K