Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display "0" in Dynpro input field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Dynpro with an input field, in which I'd like to enter numeric values. The underlying domain of the input field is MENG13.

But there's one problem with "0" as the field's value. When entering "0" as value into the input field and pressing Enter on the keyboard, my PAI and PBO modules get processed. But then the value in the input field is empty and not "0" (as entered) anymore. I already debugged my application and found out, that the values of the internal variable (the one corresponding to the dynpro field) is set to "0". But why is the value "0" not displayed in the input field?

Do I have to use another domain or modify my input field in screen painter? Or is it because "0" is considered to be the initial value of a MENG13 field and therefore not displayed? But I want to display "0" as the field's value as well.

Kind regards, Lars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you need to see the 0 you need to use another domain (not a numeric domain), because the system'll show no value when the value is initial, i.e. 0.

U can see 0, only if the field is only OUTPUT.

Max

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you need to see the 0 you need to use another domain (not a numeric domain), because the system'll show no value when the value is initial, i.e. 0.

U can see 0, only if the field is only OUTPUT.

Max

0 Kudos

Hello Max,

I was already afraid of such an answer

Right now, I don't see a chance to use another not-numeric domain, because the input the user can make represents an amount. Therefore it is connected with a corresponding input field holding the unit for this amount. As far as I know, this is only possible when using a domain of type QUAN or CURR. That's why I won't be able to use something else right now.

But which non-numeric domain would you recommend, if I would not have the requirement to use a unit-field along with the input field? Something of type NUMC?

Kind regards, Lars

0 Kudos

Hi

U should use a CHAR field, not NUMC because NO VALUE is still shown if the value is initial (0).

But if u use a CHAR field you need to check the data inserted by user is a number.

Max