Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to default the dynamic value on F4 Dialog(Value help dialog)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

AS-IS:

i have a "Region" field on screen, after enering any value in 'Region' input box i am pressing enter and then storing value into Parameter ID.

in the Search help exit i am reading parameter ID and setting as a default value. (This will work only when the user press enter).

Problem here is some times user Just entered some text in the "Region" Field, and he forgot to Press enter key.

and directly pressed F4 key on the city field ( country is taking the old one if not cleared).

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,

Kishore

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I don't think that it is a good approach to work with parameter IDs to pass values into a search help.

If you properly 'bind' the search help input/output parameters, that should work automatically. There is a recent discussion http://scn.sap.com/thread/3259192

Maybe my answer there helps. If not, I can try to copy and paste a few screenshots.

Best regards

Thorsten

2 REPLIES 2

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I don't think that it is a good approach to work with parameter IDs to pass values into a search help.

If you properly 'bind' the search help input/output parameters, that should work automatically. There is a recent discussion http://scn.sap.com/thread/3259192

Maybe my answer there helps. If not, I can try to copy and paste a few screenshots.

Best regards

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

You can use the FM "F4UT_PARAMETER_VALUE_GET" to get the value  of region selected by user in your search help exit.

If you are working on web dynpro ABAP, then your two fields (in your case city and region should be in same node of the context), then only the FM will work.

in other case i think you have to use SET/GET PARAMETER ID concept .

Thanks,

Gejo john