Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if a PO is locked or not in SM12

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How do we check if a PO is locked or not in SM12? I donot want the Function Module or Program where we can check it, because I want to check the locks in SM12 in PRODUCTION.

Regards,

Pavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Call SM12 for table EKKO and look at field lock argument (Client + Purchasing Document Number)

- But if you don't want the FM names (like ENQUEUE_EMEKKOE or ENQUE_REPORT_TEST) you should not have posted in ABAP Development

Regards,

Raymond

5 REPLIES 5

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Call SM12 for table EKKO and look at field lock argument (Client + Purchasing Document Number)

- But if you don't want the FM names (like ENQUEUE_EMEKKOE or ENQUE_REPORT_TEST) you should not have posted in ABAP Development

Regards,

Raymond

former_member214878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

there are sevral ways ....

If u want to just know whether it is locked or not, u can open the same PO in another window and see if its giving u a permission to edit it. If its locked it will straight away say its locked by some other user and username will be displayed.  (Provided you do have an authorization to do it on PRD)

Or u can see the same PO number in SM12 in a lock argument, it will lock the header and item table for PO (EKKO-EKPO) with lock argument as "CLIENT-PO.NUMBER" ,,,,,,,

Hope this is enough to know what u want.

Cheers

Regards,

Ravindra Sonar

0 Kudos

In SM12 put your client no. and username ( if username is not know then put *  but it may create a lot of data in alv).

Now filter the alv display with table name = EKKO and lock argument = (concatenation of client and po number ).

0 Kudos

Kumar, you are abs. correct. But he said, he is on production, there is a way to know who locked the PO.

There might be several users having Permission for PO activity. and anyone could have locked it at the same time. 

So best way to see the EKKO/EKPO table and searching the PO number in Lock argument right?

That will be easy and will have less number of data in ALV ????

Share me your thoughts over it.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravindra Sonar.

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravindra.

I think you approach is much better