Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the desription of a standard SAP field in the Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Table T023T there is a field WGBEZ60(Long text describing the material group) and the data element of the field is WGBEZ60.

Requirement is to change the description of the field WGBEZ60.The desription of the field is - Description 2 for the material group.

But the user want as - Description for the material group. He dont want 2 in the description.

we are using this field in the search help of Material group for the transaction ME21N and ME51N.

So please tell me how can we change the description of the field in the Search help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Peeyush

3 REPLIES 3

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use the CMOD transaction. GOTO->Text Enhancements->Data Elements->New. Using this you can maintain your own field label. Try this option.

~Vaas

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As search help uses data element , it shows its keyword. So you have to do modification to that keyword.

- Go to CMOD

- from top menu GOTO -> Text enhancements -> Keywords -> Change -> type WGBEZ60 -> change the description -> Save and add it to transport

- now use that data element either on the screen or search help. It will have the descripiton modified.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos