Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long the RFC connection lasts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am calling an RFC FM in system B from system A in a program. lets say i am doing some database updates in system B using this RFC. if the execution of the FM is going to take more time, will the RFC connection gets closed. I mean is there any limitation on time for which the RFC connection lasts?

thanks

sankar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

we used to have RFC from PI to R3 & those Function modules used to take upto 60 min to execute.

On R3 side we had to increase rdisp/max_wprun_time to 4000 sec.

In our case, calling system was PI so on PI side we changed parameter to increase the time PI keeps the port open ( parameter icm/server_port_0)

in your case calling system is also R3 so I guess you need to increase rdisp/max_wprun_time on both the system.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, there will be a time out.

If it gets timed out you can restore it like

rsa1-> source system-> restore or

Delete connection in SM59 and create a new one.

maximum wait time to be set to red in can be set via. Scheduler -> Timeout-Time/Warning Handling. This setting overrides the system setting (SPRO Setting).

Regards,

Anil

Edited by: ANIL KUMAR on May 6, 2009 12:31 PM

0 Kudos

where can i see the time setting

0 Kudos

you can see in transaction rz10

there is the maximum time for application server it can be increased

u can contact ur basis

cheers

afzal

0 Kudos

can u tell me what parameter i need to see in the profile and how to interpret the value

0 Kudos

hello sudhakar,

go to transaction rz11 and give the paramter name as rdisp/max_wprun_time

and u can get the current value and max valeu for that based on that time out error will come

cheers

afzal

Former Member
0 Kudos

we used to have RFC from PI to R3 & those Function modules used to take upto 60 min to execute.

On R3 side we had to increase rdisp/max_wprun_time to 4000 sec.

In our case, calling system was PI so on PI side we changed parameter to increase the time PI keeps the port open ( parameter icm/server_port_0)

in your case calling system is also R3 so I guess you need to increase rdisp/max_wprun_time on both the system.