Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up a configuration for ABAP development?

former_member646038
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any *relevant*, 2019/09 documentation on how to set up an ABAP environment.

I've been doing software development for over 10 years. And in so many programming environments, all you need to do is download a compiler, a text editor, and away you go.

Even Salesforce.com (with their Trailhead certification) can get you going and programming in APEX.

But with SAP and ABAP, good luck. There is so little cohesive and updated documentation, broken links to web page configurations, and the assumption to run an enterprise SAP environment already. Really? Your assumption is based on we already have an environment up and going?

But seriously, all the helpful blogs, all the recent posts, don't even complete close to setting up a proper SAP cloud environment with configuration settings to plug in to Eclipse and getting a project created.

1 REPLY 1

nabheetscn
Active Contributor

Hello Henry Lee

Let me try answering below mentioned part first

But seriously, all the helpful blogs, all the recent posts, don't even complete close to setting up a proper SAP cloud environment with configuration settings to plug in to Eclipse and getting a project created.

ABAP in cloud has been made available recently and you can do a set up by simply following this tutorial you can be up and running in minutes.

If you plan to have your ABAP developer trial edition setup via system hosted on the GCP you can refer this blog

If you still want to dig deep you can refer the complete blog by julie.plummer.

Thanks

Nabheet