Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell this FM to update the buffer before reading data??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a Web Dynpro Application that calls a FM.

Values are written into the database (I use a standard FM for that).

After that, values a read from the database to be show in the Web Dynpro Application again (Again, using a standard FM).

However, the data is not being updated, that is, the data delivered by the function module is not the updated, new data, but the old data.

If I select the data using simple select statements, ist is provided correctly (new data). That means the database already has the correct data, but the FM uses some sort of buffer which does not seem to be up to date at this point in time...

How can I tell the FM to update is buffers before being acually executed?

The function module in question is called HRIQ_ACAD_READ_TIMELIMITS, but I don't think this information is required to answer my question.

THANKS, Johannes

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to manually COMMIT WORK after calling the first function module (which changes the data in the database), but before calling the second function module (which reads the data).

Edited by: piotrzym on May 11, 2011 3:25 PM

0 Kudos

I have tried this, but it does not help...

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Values are written into the database (I use a standard FM for that).

Which function ?

0 Kudos

The FM is called HRIQ_ACAD_EDIT_TIMELIMIT_INFTY.

It is a FM from a SLCM System..

0 Kudos

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Just a guess,

have you passed COMMIT_FLG = 'X' in function HRIQ_ACAD_EDIT_TIMELIMIT_INFTY ?

0 Kudos

Yes.

0 Kudos

just for the sake of trying you could open a new process before going to display mode.

0 Kudos

Can you explain what you mean exactly?

What do you mean by "display mode"? Do you mean "before showing data on the screen"?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

aye, thats ecaxtly what i meant.

Displaying the data in a new process. i know this is not what you finally want, but if the data is correct in your new process we might get better ideas what is causing your buffer problems.

BTW is your system scaled? do you have more than one application server and may this be a synchronisation error?

0 Kudos

Sounds good to me. Unfortunately, I am not at the customers and therefore cannot access the customers system now. I'll try out and let you know as soon as I have access again.

Thanks anyway!