Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i concatenate and truncate user selected entry in serach help result list?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have custom table (say, my_tbl) with 2 columns, the entries looks like below,

Country | Description

US        | Group 1: USA
CA        | Group 1: Canada
FR        | Group 2: France
DE        | Group 2: Germany
IN         | Group 3: India

I need to create a search help (say, my_hlp) and i need to attach it a select-option field (its name is, 'Country_and_Description') of selection screen of my_report, the search help should,

1) possess 2 search criteria fields, Country and description

2) but, once user selected an entry then the enrty should come and sit in Country_and_Description together with its associated description, say, if user selected 'FR' on search help output result list, then i need to populate it as 'FR - France' in Country_and_Description field of selection screen

3) Group X should truncate and just actual name should come

Pls. let me know how can i achieve my 3 requirements, what is the code snippet i need to put in the user-exit of search help my_hlp?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Option 1:

While assigning the description field to the selection screen variable, you can split the description at colon ":" and assign only the second part to the selection screen.

Option 2:

Have one more column to display the "Group" and use the same in the F4 help,

Cheers

~Niranjan