Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I avoid Tree Search in SE71 (SAPScript Form Painter)

KHummel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when using F4 Help in TCD SE71 (SAPScript Form Painter), the "SAPScript Form Tree" appears. Usually, I have a vague idea about the name of the form I'm searching for, so I want to use the technical search fuction (RSTXFCAT). Therefore, I must select the menu entry of the tree.

Does anybody know if there is a chance to make the technical search appear directly as F4 help as it used to be in the good old 4.0B-days

Thanks in advance

Klaus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In transaction SE71 initial screen, from the menu select <i>Form -> Find (or Ctrl+F)</i>

This will give you a dialog screen with 2 radio buttons, select "Search for characteristics" hit enter. Voila! good old 4.0B days!

BTW this is in 4.6x. Not sure about later releases!

Rishi

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

In transaction SE71 initial screen, from the menu select <i>Form -> Find (or Ctrl+F)</i>

This will give you a dialog screen with 2 radio buttons, select "Search for characteristics" hit enter. Voila! good old 4.0B days!

BTW this is in 4.6x. Not sure about later releases!

Rishi

0 Kudos

Hi,

it works beyond 46.. at least up to 47 ext 2.. do not know about later versions though..

good luck

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I obviously was just too blind to see the menu...

Suresh, we are running a couple of WebAS 6.20 systems, so I can assure you, it still works in these versions.

Klais