Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can call an external program(non-sap) from ABAP/4

former_member249594
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to call an external program in a non-sap system from our ABAP program. The simple business senario is:

User create/change a objects, for example, vendor master/internal order, etc, once he/she press the SAVE button then the program will call the external program to update the same data in the counter-system(Supposed we have an user-exit is available for the SAVE button).

I had ask my friends on this topic and they tell my that we can set an external command in SM69, and then call the function module SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE to triger the external program. But I do not understand that how we set the import/export parameters for the external program?

And how the external program received my parameters? And how I can set the destination for SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE.

Do any experts had an idea on this topic, Please kindly point me a direction. Thanks very much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

You cannot pass parameters using IMPORT/EXPORT. Instead you need to save the file on application server & then call the FM "SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE".

This FM runs the external command.

The non-sap program will then be called through external command. Build the logic in non-sap program to read the file.

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

OH~It seems that SM69 can not meet my requirements.

Thanks very much.