Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a field in SE11/ SM30 display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Z table with the following fields:

Company_Code, General_ledger, Created_by.

Now whenever I create an entry in this Z table with Company_Code and General_ledger as the input, Created_by field is automatically filled with sy-uname.

So when I goto SE11 and click on create entries, created_by field should be invisible, however if I'll click on display entries created_by field should be visible. How can I achieve this??

Same should happen, if I am maintaining the table via SM30

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It can be achieved through following procedure:

1) Go to Environment -> Modifications -> Maintenance Screens

2) Click on u2018Element Listu2019 in the screen which appears.

3) A field can be made disabled by clicking the checkbox of the Input option of that particular field i.e. uncheck the checkbox of the respective field

4) you can enable the field using Environment -> Modifications ->Events

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

You can hide the columns in Maintenance view.

1) create maintenance view for your table ( can be standard of custom )

2)In the maintenace view (Se11), change the view, Look at the column 4 in view fields tab P, give H for whatever field to be hidden

3) Generate table maintenance Generator, the system will automatically hides this column.

Edited by: Raj on Jul 27, 2010 2:56 PM

0 Kudos

Hi raj,

Where in table maintenance generator, can i do these changes??

0 Kudos

Hi Reshmi,

Instead of making the field Created_by as hidden, is it ok to make it always as display field?

In that case just go to the Environment->modification->maintenance screen (select the screen) and goto the element list tab and mark the Output only checkbox in the General TAB.

If you still want to make the field hidden, hope you should change the maintenance program accordingly (You have to modify the screen options dynalically according to the user selection). I will not recommend this, since if any structure chages in the table, then you should regenerate the TMG once again and have to do this changes everytime.

For the information, there is option to control the table data using the Environment->modification->events and also the user interface using Environment->modification->maintenance screen->User interface.

Hope, this will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Selva K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It can be achieved through following procedure:

1) Go to Environment -> Modifications -> Maintenance Screens

2) Click on u2018Element Listu2019 in the screen which appears.

3) A field can be made disabled by clicking the checkbox of the Input option of that particular field i.e. uncheck the checkbox of the respective field

4) you can enable the field using Environment -> Modifications ->Events