Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide statement in reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abapers,

for several days i am searching for material for HIDE statement that we use in reporting to get a detail list of particular field in secondary list.could any one have please forward me.thanks in advance.

hari

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating a secondary list

The user can, for example, select a line of the basic list for which he wants to see more detailed information. You display these details on a secondary list.

This method requires that you have previously stored the contents of the selected line from within the program.

To do this, <b>ABAP/4 provides the HIDE statement. This statement stores the current field contents for the current list line. When calling a secondary list form a list line for which the HIDE fields are stored, the system fills the stored values back into the variables in the program.</b>

In the program code, insert the HIDE statement directly after the WRITE statement for the current line.

HIDE: WA-CONNID, WA-CARRID.

This statement tells the system to store the fields WA-CONNID and WA-CARRID and to place their contents back into the fields on a secondary list.

In addition to the HIDE statement you need an event that occurs as soon as the user selects a line. The event keyword for double-clicking the mouse is AT LINE-SELECTION. Pressing function key F2 or entering function code PICK also trigger this event.

Also check this link where i got this info

http://membres.lycos.fr/jolyeric/SAP/Note_de_Cours_Ben/Reporting/2_aide_sap_Tutorial_REPORT.doc

ALSO

<b>HIDE

Stores information about list lines.

Syntax

HIDE <f>.

During list creation, this statement stores the contents of the field <f> and the current line number in the internal HIDE area. When the cursor is positioned on a line in an interactive list event, the stored value is returned to the field <f>.</b>Thanks & Regards,

Judith.

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can go thru the sap help for Hide statement.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d3/2e974d35c511d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Jitendar

manuel_bassani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I've already used HIDE statement, and I have found all the information I needed with the standard help system (F1 in any ABAP statement).

For an example try to look report DEMO_LIST_HIDE

I hope this helps.

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of u.

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Plz reward points for those helped u and close the thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Judith.