Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide a view with table control in BDT event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a requirement of hiding a view where there is a table control.

I use the FMOD event to hide all the fields on the table control(making the field group suppressed)

But it only disabled the fields on table control but not the table control itself.

I am wondering a way to make the table control hidden, is it possible to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which BDT Object, view and field group is it?

If I'm not mistaken, "normally" everything belonging to a field group should be suppressible - either through customizing or through FMOD Function. We have BP Payment Cards and SAP standard Tax Numbers suppressed via customizing and both contain table controls. We didn't need any extra logic to hide them.

I'd speculate that something belonging to that particular table control is not been assigned to field group... could it be line selector?

cheers

Jānis

10 REPLIES 10

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which BDT Object, view and field group is it?

If I'm not mistaken, "normally" everything belonging to a field group should be suppressible - either through customizing or through FMOD Function. We have BP Payment Cards and SAP standard Tax Numbers suppressed via customizing and both contain table controls. We didn't need any extra logic to hide them.

I'd speculate that something belonging to that particular table control is not been assigned to field group... could it be line selector?

cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

It's a customizing table control.

Yes, it can be selected.

So I also need to add the checkbox to the field group?

0 Kudos

Yes, that's also a table control field. Try to compare your stuff to SAPLBUD0 dynpro 1600 / Fieldgroup 20. The Table Control itself is not a part of Fieldgroup in this case...

cheers,

Janis

0 Kudos

The checkbox is GT_BUT0CC-XMARK and I didn't find it in the field group.

0 Kudos

Yes, that was wrong advice, made based on my assumptions rather than what SAP actually does. TBH - I now don't understand how and where the table controls are being hidden I'll try to understand and then get back to you.

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Ok...

1) selector does not need to be part of fieldgroup...

2) the "magic" of hiding TC fields happens in FM BUS_PBO; the programm name, table control name and table control itself need to be passed:

MODULE pbo_1600 OUTPUT.

CALL FUNCTION 'BUS_PBO'

EXPORTING

iv_tc1_program = 'SAPLBUD0'

iv_tc1_control = 'TCTRL_BUT0CC'

CHANGING

c_tc1          = tctrl_but0cc.

ENDMODULE.                    "pbo_1600 OUTPUT

If "all is well", the table control columns should be set to INVISIBLE after the call:

That IMO should suffice to hide table control. If it isn't enough and if the View and Fieldgroup definitions are ok, could you check your dynpro logic against SAPLBUD0 1600 to see what's different?

Edit in: this is speculation, but if you are extending standard BDT screens with custom section and view, you may also need to execute transaction BUSP, to regenerate BDT screens...

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

The origin coder just used "CALL FUNCTION 'BUS_PBO'" so that's why only the table control columns are disable not the table control itself.

ujjaval-bhalala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ensure that property "Table Control" checked in Field Group and fields used in table control is assigned to field group.

0 Kudos

Yes, it is checked and all the fields are assigned into the field group.

0 Kudos

Any update on a solution here? I am facing exactly the same issue.
On the screen I have a Table Control, 3 buttons and a Field. The FieldGroup has the "Table Control" checkbox selected and I have 8 fields assigned to the field group: the Table Control itself (named TC_TABLE), the 3 fields that are displayed in Table Control (ZMC_TABLE-ID, ZMC_TABLE-TEXT, ZMC_TABLE-NOTE), the 3 buttons (BTN_ADD, BTN_DEL, BTN_EDIT) and the field (ZMC_TABLE-PARTNER).

I implemented the logic in the FMOD FuBa and the 3 buttons and the field are hidden. But the Table Control no. It stays displayed. Any idea what I might have forgotten? Thank you.