Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with : How Can I know the schedule for a JOB, and How Can I Change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a job and I know the name...I review in table TBTCO and I saw that this jobs is schedule at 11:00 AM and at 4:00 PM, but I need to change the schedule for this job..and that this job will execute al least four times during the day...I don´t know how can I change the schedule??

I was thinking that if I run the transaction directly I can run, Im not sure, because I try to do in QAS environment... I when I try to run the program..the system doesn´t do anything..this mean I cant execute with F8, such as if I should be complete a parameter, but all the fields are completed.

Thank you for your help, I promese that I will gice you points for your help.

Alice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

laxmanakumar_appana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Schedule the job from the transaction SM36 through job-wizard .

it is already scheduled two times , so schedule two more jobs on the same program

(or)

if you want to delete existing jobs , select job from SM37 and from menu , select delete option to delete the job.then again schedule the job through job wizard according to your requirement.

Regards

Appana

6 REPLIES 6

laxmanakumar_appana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Schedule the job from the transaction SM36 through job-wizard .

it is already scheduled two times , so schedule two more jobs on the same program

(or)

if you want to delete existing jobs , select job from SM37 and from menu , select delete option to delete the job.then again schedule the job through job wizard according to your requirement.

Regards

Appana

0 Kudos

Go to trans SM37, enter the program name and execute. Select the box next to your job and go to Job->Change. click "Start condition" and enter your starting date and time. Click "Period values" then "Other period" and enter your period. Click the save button on the period values window. Click the save button on the start time window. Click save on the change job window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

go to transaction sm36 and give the jobname and select the start condition tab then you will be taken to start time window. here you have to select the periodic job check box and then choose the button period values.

Now here you have to choose other period and give 6 in hours so that this job will execute for every 6 hours that means 4 times in a day...

hope this will clear your doubts....please award me if it is helpful to you. let me know if you need any further clarifications(make sure that you have a variant for your program)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you at all.

I was reviewing the options that you send me, but Im confused about... if its possible edit the schedule that this job has in this moment, because if I enter the transaction SM36 or try to see SM37..in production environment I can´t see this schedule...

And Im not sure to do the correct steps to create something new... in QAS environment..I can´´t see this job.

All of yours help are really important

Thank you again!

Alice

0 Kudos

If the schedule exists in TBTCO, it is available in SM37. What is the status of the job in TBTCO? Did you check the "Sched" box on the job selection screen in SM37?

0 Kudos

Alice,

In order to change the schedule of an existing job, you have to select the next scheduled run of that job. For that you have to go to SM37, uncheck all boxes and check 'Scheduled'. Give the date and time range sufficiently to cover the next scheduled run. It normally defaults to current date and time. You have to choose a 'To' date of next day, so that you will get the next scheduled job(assuming it runs at least once a day).

You can then change the job.