Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hadling output types while creating PO's thru BDC program

john_vinukonda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know, how can we manipulate output types while creating PO's thru BDC program.

my requirement is, three output types are triggered when a PO is created. But, business need only one output type need to be processed and an email need to be sent to vendor. I asked to handle this thru configuration but business wants this to be handled thru ABAP program.

Require your inputs on this...pls guide...

Regards,

Vikram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know how you're going to handle through program that just creates the PO's. Perhaps if output type drivers are custom development, you could determine how PO was created from a specific field/data value and exit the driver program?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know how you're going to handle through program that just creates the PO's. Perhaps if output type drivers are custom development, you could determine how PO was created from a specific field/data value and exit the driver program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

The best and cleanest way I believe to do this is to create/edit the output control requirement (transaction OMFT) for the condition type (output type) in question.

The only configuration change needed w/b in case you create a new requirement since this one must be added to the PO schema.

Kind regards,

Robert

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The bapi BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and BAPI_PO_CHANGE has some parameters related to message_output. If you mark it as X or space as required then the output will not be triggered/not triggered. But in your case you need some to be triggered and some not to be triggered. Please check those bapi's whether there is any opion for this.

0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

I did try to do this first with BAPI_PO_CREATE1. But, I didn't find any possibilities/parameters in the BAPI's for handling my required output types. Hence, thought of going with BDC option. Please let me know, if there is anything that we can do with BDC to handle the output types.

Thanks in Advance,

Vikram