Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI Cannot be reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a problem, when i schedule a session in back ground i am getting an error message and the transcation is not successfull. When i ran the swession in no display mode, every thing went fine.

Please see the error message

<b>Session OTCFS0008_01 is being processed by user SZQXWT in mode N on server dbciqn4b

Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached

Runtime error RAISE_EXCEPTION has occurred

Transaction error

Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached

Runtime error RAISE_EXCEPTION has occurred

Transaction error

Processing statistics

2 transactions read

0 transactions processed

2 transactions with errors

0 transactions deleted

Batch input processing ended </b>

Please help me in solving this problem.

Thanks N regards

sree

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Looks like you are trying to use a tcode that is dependent on the GUI. What transaction are you using.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am not use any of the ENJOY Tcode, I am uploading Scheduling agreements using VA31.

wriring a new program is not possible as of now, so please just any other alternative if exists.

Thanks & Regards

sree

0 Kudos

There must be something in VA31 that is using a frontend control, are you filling any long text using the text editor control?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically this problem comes up with the enjoy transactions which use controls that are dependent on the user gui. Controls are created and destroyed on the client machine not on the server side. So when you run these transactions in background mode, the execution happens on the server, as a result, the GUI is no longer reachable. So you get this error.

You can either do BDC for the older transaction(if one exists) or look for a BAPI or other alternatives.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to execute the program in No display mode, it runs in foreground with no display and going fine. When scheduled for background it tries to setup GUI so that the transactional GUI comes into picture and the data is populated into the fields and updated. But, for the ENJOY versions when it is been setup in background on a server, the GUI does not get activated and the error message is been shown up.

Instead for posting of data use regular BDC program for the transaction that is not for ENJOY version and after creation of session it can be scheduled in background mode.

PL. AWARD APPROPRIATE POINTS if helpful.