Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods issue - Message type WMMBXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using message type WMMBXY and process code WMMB for generating idoc. I need to do goods issue using above setting. Is it possible to do goods issue using message type WMMBXY and process code WMMB?

3 REPLIES 3

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using the above message type to post the goods <b>receipt</b> and goods receipt adjustments (movement type 101/102 if I'm not mistaking) on the purchase orders. To post goods issue on the outbound deliveries we use SHPCON with IDoc DELVRY01. Segment E1EDL18 must have QUALF = PGI to post goods issue on the delivery that has been picked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are setting up an external warehouse that does not have SAP. The warehouse has agreed to send and receive IDocs with us.

I have successfully tested using the SHPCON IDoc (inbound to SAP) to first pack items (updates the outbound delivery). The value in E1EDL18-QUALF = 'PIC'.

The second IDoc I feed to SAP is to perform the post goods issue on the delivery. This time, I used the same SHPCON IDoc, but made E1EDL18-QUALF = 'PGI'.

This PGI IDoc fails with the error:

Delivery has not yet been put away / picked (completely)

Delivery has not yet been completely processed by WM

I was told I need to do an additional step. When done manually, this step means going into VL02N to change the delivery, click on Edit -> Confirm Pick Order -> All items. How could the IDoc perform that step for me? Any ideas. Thank you.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

The messages

Delivery has not yet been put away / picked (completely)

Delivery has not yet been completely processed by WM

are displayed when you try to do PGI on a WM-relevant delivery that has not been picked completely. I'm not sure what the pick order but we have the SAP system with and without WM and in WM we use "transfer orders" (transaction LT03) to pick the deliveries. In this case the picked quantity field is grayed out in VL02N and it's being updated when a TO has been created. TO also have to be confirmed (LT12, I think), so in our case the reason for such error messages would be that TO is either missing or not confirmed.

We are successfully using SHPCON with PIC and PGI but only in our non-WM SAP system. In the one with WM I was unable to use IDocs to pick the deliveries due to the strict customer requirememts. So we use BDC (I even wasn't able to find an FM for that) to create and confirm TOs and then use only the PGI SHPCON IDoc.

I have a feeling that you might need either a different or an additional IDoc for WM to pick the deliveries successfully. Take a look at the WM... IDocs, maybe you need the one that creates the transfer orders or something. Also with DELVRY01 IDoc you can use message type WHSCON, maybe it would work differently (although I didn't notice any difference in our case).

If there is no IDoc for "pick orders" you might have to create your own ABAP program to run between the PIC and PGI IDocs to perform the missing step.

Good luck!