Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving TCODE while recording in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am absolutely new to ABAP and am from MS background.Can any one please address my question as to how should i choose to supply a TCODE when i create a new recording ? I have given a Recording name and description and hit continue. Now i am supposed to supply a TOCDE,that is where i am puzzled that how do i choose to give the TCODE if i do not know what my flat file data is actually related to.

I would really appreciate your answers..I am working on a demo project.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Judging by what you're asking... you need to take a step back.

If you don't even know what t-code or business object your data relates to, i.e. material, purchase order, customer, vendor, etc... then you aren't even ready for LSMW.

First figure out what your data is in relation to SAP data, then find out from your business analysts, functionals, what t-code is used to create/change your data.

After mapping your data to the SAP object, then you should be able to use LSMW.

The data you are working with, determines the t-code or business object to use in LSMW, not the other way around.

Who supplied the flat file and what is in it?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Judging by what you're asking... you need to take a step back.

If you don't even know what t-code or business object your data relates to, i.e. material, purchase order, customer, vendor, etc... then you aren't even ready for LSMW.

First figure out what your data is in relation to SAP data, then find out from your business analysts, functionals, what t-code is used to create/change your data.

After mapping your data to the SAP object, then you should be able to use LSMW.

The data you are working with, determines the t-code or business object to use in LSMW, not the other way around.

Who supplied the flat file and what is in it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, Basis Should give a Authority for ur User ID to Execute Tcode : LSMW..

If then it will be resolved.

Regards,

Srinivas M