Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic IDOC Uer Exits/BADI's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I'm looking for generic User Exits/BADI's for following:

1) After an INBOUND IDOC is created - To access the status of the Posted IDOC

2) After an OUTBOUND IDOC is created - To access the status of the Posted IDOC

The idea is to intercept any IDOC which goes IN/OUT of the system and then write an entry to a Z table if there are any errors.

I looked at many posts in the ABAP and other forums but everywhere the Userexits are specific to an IDOC type. I'm looking for generic Exits/BADI's where every IDOC will hit AFTER the processing is done.

Please help!

Thank you for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

I know that my answer is not a perfect match to your question but SAP provides already a standard report RSEIDOCA (on SAP releases >= 6.20) which can be used for active IDoc monitoring. This report needs to scheduled in background.

A true shortcoming of this report is a missing e-mail interface. For this purpose I have written the report ZRSEIDOCA having such an e-mail interface for notification.

For more details please refer to thread

and the links mentioned therein.

Regards

Uwe

3 REPLIES 3

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

I know that my answer is not a perfect match to your question but SAP provides already a standard report RSEIDOCA (on SAP releases >= 6.20) which can be used for active IDoc monitoring. This report needs to scheduled in background.

A true shortcoming of this report is a missing e-mail interface. For this purpose I have written the report ZRSEIDOCA having such an e-mail interface for notification.

For more details please refer to thread

and the links mentioned therein.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Uwe,

This is very helpful. Unfortunately we don't use workflow in our system and also don't want email notifications. We just want to write the Error messages to a "Z" table. I found a function module "IDOC_STATUS_WRITE_TO_DATABASE" where I'm planning to write an enhancement implementation where I update the "Z" table. Does, anyone know if every Inbound and Outbound IDOC will hit this function module?

Thanks again

0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

We do not use (nor like) workflow, either. Yet the point of my suggestion was that you could build your own variant of ZRSEIDOCA which updates a Z-table in your case. However, I do not really see the point of such a Z-table because using the standard transactions (like WE02, BD87) you can select all the failed IDocs.

Regards

Uwe