Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation Partner Profiles from ALE Distribution Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP/EDI experts,

I am a trainee. I am getting training from Pvt consultancy. I am working on SAP Demo systems.

I am trying t generate an IDoc using ALE method.

IN SALE window, I created two logical systems,ZVK_SS_800 and ZVK_SS_820. I assigned them to two clients 800 and 820 respectively.

In SM59 i created an RFC connection ZVK_RFC004 of type 3. Here I gave the client Number as 820. ( I'm not sure what to give)

In BD64, I created an ALE Model and added the message type MATMAS with Sending and Receiving Logical systems.

From the Environment drop down menu , selected generate partner profiles and executed with defaults checked. ( Transfer IDocs Immediatley and Trigger Immediately).

I got the following log.

Log For Partner Profile Generation:

Partner:

In Green Color

Partner ZVK_SS_800 as partner has been Created ( Sending System)

Partner ZVK_SS_820 as partner has been Created (Receiving System)

Port:

In Red Color

Port Cloud not be Created

RFC destination ZVK_SS_820 not specified for system ZVK_SS_820

Enter the RFC destination and Restart the generation.

Please help me to fix this probelm.

Any kind of Help will be surely rewarded.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which System did you define the RFC Connection for? The Recieving System should have been defined. I am assuming you are building your model on Client 800, where client 820 would be the Recieving Client.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which System did you define the RFC Connection for? The Recieving System should have been defined. I am assuming you are building your model on Client 800, where client 820 would be the Recieving Client.

0 Kudos

Hi Reich,

Thanks for quick reply. Actually i didn't get your question. I am on Client 800. I created RFC connection ZVK_RFC004 of type 3. The in the Logon setting i mentioned Client as 820. Is that correct. What should I do. How to set up an RFC connection. Can you tell me in details.

Thanks,

Chinna

0 Kudos

Have you gone to Transaction WE21 on Client 800. Here is where you would define/change/view your Port. Expand Ports, then Expand Transactional RFC. You should see the Port for your Receiving Client Listed. If not, you will need to Create a Port for the Receiving Client.

0 Kudos

Reich,

Even after i configured the Port in We21, I am still getting the same error log. I don't why ??

Could you please help me to fix it,

Thanks

0 Kudos

From SM59, you can Test your RFC Connections between Clients. I would do this from Client 800 and test the Connection to Client 820. If that checks okay, I would then try SM59 on Client 820. Check the RFC Connection from Client 820 to Client 800. Be sure you have your Logical Systems defined on Both Clients. You can also double click on your Error Message to see if there is a Long Text Available that might give you further information as what needs to be corrected. I am not an Expert in this area, but have setup several ALE Models for my Variant Configuration without any problems. If you could include your EMail Address on your Business Card I could EMail you my instructions. Your Basis person may also be able to help you based upon your Error Message.

0 Kudos

Can you please send the instructions to my e-mail ID. My e-mail ID is visible now.

Thanks