Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function of HOLD DATA in the settings for creation of a new screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since i'm new to ABAP and still learning my way through, i would really appreciate if somebody can help me out with the exact functioning of selecting the check box 'HOLD DATA' under the settings option while creation of a new screen.

Thanks for any help extended.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take simple scenario of SE38. The Screen for the transaction has the Flag "HOLD DATA" as Ticked.

Now enter some program name on the field and Click - Utilities-> User Profile -> Hold data.

Now come out of the transaction, go back to the same transaction. The name of the Program that you entered earlier will appear on the input field.

So if the screen doesn't have "Hold Data" set the functions of HOLD data, SET DATA, DELETE data will not work.

Also try using SET DATA For the Program input field.

SAP Help :

If you activate this option, the following functions are supported for the screen at runtime:

System -> User profile -> Hold data

-> Set data

-> Delete data

The Hold data function allows you to hold onto any entries you have made on the screen. When the screen is next processed (even in a different mode), the system then automatically redisplays the data in the input fields.

If the option is not activated, these functions are ineffective at screen runtime.

1 REPLY 1

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take simple scenario of SE38. The Screen for the transaction has the Flag "HOLD DATA" as Ticked.

Now enter some program name on the field and Click - Utilities-> User Profile -> Hold data.

Now come out of the transaction, go back to the same transaction. The name of the Program that you entered earlier will appear on the input field.

So if the screen doesn't have "Hold Data" set the functions of HOLD data, SET DATA, DELETE data will not work.

Also try using SET DATA For the Program input field.

SAP Help :

If you activate this option, the following functions are supported for the screen at runtime:

System -> User profile -> Hold data

-> Set data

-> Delete data

The Hold data function allows you to hold onto any entries you have made on the screen. When the screen is next processed (even in a different mode), the system then automatically redisplays the data in the input fields.

If the option is not activated, these functions are ineffective at screen runtime.