Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module to assign a parent role to a child role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any function module that can be used to assign a parent role to a child role.

I have tried to debug the PFCG transaciton but was not successful in find one.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Hari.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari

It would be more logic to create a child role from a parent role yet there may be demands for the other way around. I would like to add that you assign not just a but the parent role since a child role can have only a single parent role.

The parent role is defined by AGR_DEFINE-PARENT_AGR. Thus, you could try to use the following function modules:

PRGN_STRU_LOAD_DEFINITION

PRGN_STRU_SAVE_DEFINITION

Obviously there are additional steps required in order to create a fully functional child role.

Regards,

Uwe

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hari,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4a/e06f429c789041e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

or

You can use BAPI_USER_ACTGROUPS_ASSIGN if your system does allow in PFCG

Hope this is helpful, Do reward.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari

It would be more logic to create a child role from a parent role yet there may be demands for the other way around. I would like to add that you assign not just a but the parent role since a child role can have only a single parent role.

The parent role is defined by AGR_DEFINE-PARENT_AGR. Thus, you could try to use the following function modules:

PRGN_STRU_LOAD_DEFINITION

PRGN_STRU_SAVE_DEFINITION

Obviously there are additional steps required in order to create a fully functional child role.

Regards,

Uwe